.

.
.

3 Nov 2014

OLAMIDE CLAIMS INDIGENOUS RAPPERS ARE THE BEST {READ}




Olamide has carved a niche for himself in the Naija hip-hop market and he is ruling it! He is known mainly for rapping in Yoruba and even if you don’t understand a word he is saying you can’t help but feel his flow.
Seeing as he is such a gifted lyricist many have wondered why he raps predominantly in the Yoruba language. Speaking to Us recently Olamide addresses why he chose to rap only in Yoruba.
He said,

Se Ema San Wo Mi (will you pay me for that) (laughs). Like I have always said, if I want to listen to English rap, I will rather buy a Jay Z CD, because “no Oyinbo wey una go speak for here for Naija wey go fit be like people wey get Oyinbo”. I still believe in indigenous hip-hop and I believe it is the future of Nigerian music.

This makes me wonder though? Does it mean a Nigerian rapper who performs only in English cannot blow?

No comments:

Post a Comment